When can I apply for Unforeseen Hardship?
If you are unable reasonably to keep up your payments or other obligations because of illness, injury, loss of employment, the end of a relationship, or other reasonable cause, you may be able to apply to us for an unforeseen hardship variation. If approved, we may agree to change your contract.
You should check that you meet the eligibility criteria for making an unforeseen hardship application before proceeding. You will not be eligible if any of the following applies:
- You haven’t suffered an illness, injury, loss of employment, end of relationship or other reasonable cause which has resulted in you being unable reasonably to meet your obligations under your contract.
- You have failed to make four or more consecutive repayments when due.
- You have been in default for two months or more.
- You have been in default for two weeks or more after receiving a repossession warning notice from us.
If you are not eligible we recommend you contact our Customer Support Services Team 0800 499 299 (and select option 1) as soon as possible to discuss what other options might be available to enable you to meet your obligations under your contract.
How do I apply for Unforeseen Hardship?
To apply for an unforeseen hardship variation, you need to:
- make an application in writing (this could be via letter, email or filling in the application form);
- explain your reason(s) for the application;
- request a postponement of the dates on which payments are due under your Q Card Account (specify the period for which you want this to apply); and
- send the application to us.
Do this as soon as possible. If you leave it for too long, we may not have to consider your application.
If you have any questions about the process for applying for an unforeseen hardship variation please call our Customer Service Centre on 0800 499 299.
You can download the application form for unforeseen hardship here.